Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing Science (IUPUI)
Indiana University Online
The online PhD in Nursing Science (IUPUI) from Indiana University Online prepares students to become nurse scientists who conduct cutting-edge research in nursing education, health systems, and clinical science to enhance the care of individuals and families across the lifespan. Graduates of the program are expected to:
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing as well as biological and behavioral sciences to investigate health phenomena
- Utilize analytical and empirical methods to extend nursing knowledge and scholarship
- Conduct and communicate independent research that advances the body of scientific knowledge
- Defend the social significance of the extended knowledge base of nursing
- Interpret nursing science within an inter-disciplinary context
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Copy of official college transcripts
- Research Advisor Letter
- Three references
- Personal statement
- Copy of your current registered nurse licensure (RN) in state of US residence
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae
- Complete the required statistics course
While the entire program is conducted online or via videoconferencing technology, there is an on-campus intensive session, usually held for a week or two at the start of each summer.
IU Online hosts more than one hundred online degrees, ranging from associate and bachelor programs to doctoral degrees. Students can choose to enroll in one or two online courses, complete a degree, or further education by pursuing a graduate certificate or degree. Studies include, but are not limited to topics in: business and law, computing and technology, education, humanities, recreation, library and museum studies, nursing and healthcare, public administration, public health, and social work.
IU Online manages and lists online degrees and programs for Indiana University's campuses. Founded in 1820, Indiana University Bloomington is the flagship campus of IU’s multi-campus public university system. Other campus locations coordinating through IU Online include:
- Indiana University East (IU East)
- Indiana University Kokomo (IU Kokomo)
- Indiana University Northwest (IU Northwest)
- Indiana University South Bend (IU South Bend)
- Indiana University Southeast (IU Southeast)
Several regional campuses are the result of a partnership with IU and Purdue University, and include:
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Indianapolis (IUPUI)
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Columbus (IUPUC)
While some online programs and courses are hosted individually by the flagship campus or from a single regional location, others are offered jointly through a consortium of campuses. Students will need to locate the program of their choice, and then coordinate with the appropriate campus to determine admission requirements and cost. Tuition and fees may vary from campus to campus.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.