Master of Science in Education in Special Education
Indiana University Online
Indiana University offers the online Master of Science in Education in Special Education. This degree program prepares students for the challenges of special education in the diverse and changing landscapes of today's classroom. Courses are centered on research and teaching methods that are proven to be effective in preparing individuals to address high-incidence disabilities (mild intervention).
Core courses cover research-based instruction in classroom management, collaboration and service delivery, assessment, instructional strategies, and working with families. They offer advanced opportunities to address the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed by special education teachers working in today's classrooms.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university holding full regional or national accreditation
- Official transcripts
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.00 scale)
- Minimum graduate coursework GPA of 3.30
- GRE test scores if your cumulative undergraduate GPA is below 3.00
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal Goal Statement
IU Online hosts more than one hundred online degrees, ranging from associate and bachelor programs to doctoral degrees. Students can choose to enroll in one or two online courses, complete a degree, or further education by pursuing a graduate certificate or degree. Studies include, but are not limited to topics in: business and law, computing and technology, education, humanities, recreation, library and museum studies, nursing and healthcare, public administration, public health, and social work.
IU Online manages and lists online degrees and programs for Indiana University's campuses. Founded in 1820, Indiana University Bloomington is the flagship campus of IU’s multi-campus public university system. Other campus locations coordinating through IU Online include:
- Indiana University East (IU East)
- Indiana University Kokomo (IU Kokomo)
- Indiana University Northwest (IU Northwest)
- Indiana University South Bend (IU South Bend)
- Indiana University Southeast (IU Southeast)
Several regional campuses are the result of a partnership with IU and Purdue University, and include:
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Indianapolis (IUPUI)
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Columbus (IUPUC)
While some online programs and courses are hosted individually by the flagship campus or from a single regional location, others are offered jointly through a consortium of campuses. Students will need to locate the program of their choice, and then coordinate with the appropriate campus to determine admission requirements and cost. Tuition and fees may vary from campus to campus.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.