Doctor of Nursing Practice (IUPUI)
Indiana University Online
The online DNP (IUPUI) degree program from Indiana University Online is designed for nurses involved in any advanced-practice role, including- but not limited to- clinical nurse specialist, nurse practitioner, nurse midwife, nurse anesthetist, public health practitioner, nurse executive, nurse informatician, nurse educator, and health policy analyst. Coursework explores topics in nursing informatics, healthcare outcomes and decision making, clinical epidemiology and statistics, evidence-based research and translation, public health policy, and more. Graduates are prepared to assume leadership positions in nursing and healthcare, both at system or organization levels and at the direct patient-care level, in areas such as:
- Primary Healthcare
- Complex Healthcare Systems
- Nursing Informatics
- Patient Safety
- Clinical Nursing Education
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Have earned a Master of Science in Nursing (MS in nursing or MSN) degree from an NLNAC-, ACEN-, or CCNE-accredited program with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Submit documentation of master's clinical hours completed with the application materials; no minimum number of master’s clinical hours are required for application to the program however.
- Possess an unencumbered RN license in applicant’s state of practice.
- Have completed graduate level preparation in statistics.
- If applicant’s native language is not English, submission of proof of English proficiency by taking the "Test of English as a Foreign Language" (TOEFL).
- Three references indicating ability to succeed in DNP program, including at least one from a nurse faculty member who has knowledge of the applicant's academic ability.
- An essay and formal interview with faculty members that indicates the applicant's ability to succeed in DNP program.
IU Online hosts more than one hundred online degrees, ranging from associate and bachelor programs to doctoral degrees. Students can choose to enroll in one or two online courses, complete a degree, or further education by pursuing a graduate certificate or degree. Studies include, but are not limited to topics in: business and law, computing and technology, education, humanities, recreation, library and museum studies, nursing and healthcare, public administration, public health, and social work.
IU Online manages and lists online degrees and programs for Indiana University's campuses. Founded in 1820, Indiana University Bloomington is the flagship campus of IU’s multi-campus public university system. Other campus locations coordinating through IU Online include:
- Indiana University East (IU East)
- Indiana University Kokomo (IU Kokomo)
- Indiana University Northwest (IU Northwest)
- Indiana University South Bend (IU South Bend)
- Indiana University Southeast (IU Southeast)
Several regional campuses are the result of a partnership with IU and Purdue University, and include:
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Indianapolis (IUPUI)
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Columbus (IUPUC)
While some online programs and courses are hosted individually by the flagship campus or from a single regional location, others are offered jointly through a consortium of campuses. Students will need to locate the program of their choice, and then coordinate with the appropriate campus to determine admission requirements and cost. Tuition and fees may vary from campus to campus.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.