Indiana University offers the online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Informatics, a program designed for licensed physicians, nurses, and other clinical health care professionals. These professionals seek to improve health care safety and quality, maximize workflow efficiencies and preserve user and patient satisfaction. Clinical informatics uses information technology, computer science, and knowledge management to deliver safe and efficient healthcare services. Under new government regulations, the need for qualified clinical leaders is greater than ever.
Students in this program can expect to study the following topics:
- health informatics
- health informatics standards and terminology
- project management
- scientific and clinical data management
- data analysis
- consumer health informatics
- business of health informatics
- natural language processing
- clinical information systems
- clinical decision support systems
This graduate certificate is awarded by Purdue University at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). IUPUI is administered by Indiana University.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Indiana University Online is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Applicants must have a strong background in computer science, engineering, biology, biochemistry, nursing, mathematics, statistics, physics, health information administration, or other similar or health-related discipline as well as successful coursework (or equivalent) in programming (i.e. C, C++, Java, or equivalent), databases, medical terminology, human anatomy, and physiology.