Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies (IU East)
Indiana University offers the online Bachelor of Arts in Communications. As a field of study, communication spans a broad, rich array of subjects, including sociology, psychology, philosophy, political science, linguistics, history, literature, criticism and rhetoric. Although much of the field's subject matter is theoretical in nature, communication studies have proven applicable to business, film, theater, composition, advertising, education, foreign policy and computer science. The communication studies discipline explores interpersonal, group, organizational, public, and electronically mediated communication and considers the variety of contexts in which communication occurs, such as family relationships, cultural clashes, and political campaigns.
This degree is also offered as a Bachelor of Science, which means that students would take more courses in the sciences rather than in the liberal arts and humanities.
Degree Level:Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$265.92
Out of State Rate:$359.47
Fees Overview :
Rates are an estimate; total costs may vary.
- In State Tuition (per credit): $215.92
- Out of State Tuition (per credit): $309.47
- Distance Education Fee (per credit): $50
International Students Accepted:Yes
- This bachelor completion program requires 120 total credits, including transfer and major requirements.
- At least 60 semester hours of transferable college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or better, or individuals who have completed an associate degree at the community college level.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.