Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner
Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne
The online MSN / Family Nurse Practitioner degree program from Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne prepares students to provide primary care to infants, children, adults, and geriatric patients. Coursework explores topics such as:
- Informatics in Nursing
- Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Care of Vulnerable Populations
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree with a major in nursing from a program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Undergraduate 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Registered nurse licensure in the state where you will be completing your clinical hours
- 300-level undergraduate research course within the last five years
- 1 year experience working as an RN
- 300-level undergraduate statistics course within the last five years
- Three professional references
- A three-day session that students attend during their first year of classes when they take NUR 50300, Advanced Health Assessment, is required
Established in 1964, Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) is the largest university in northeast Indiana. After many years of offering courses at separate locations in Fort Wayne, Indiana University and Purdue University opened the combined campus of IPFW in 1964. The 1970s were a time of rapid growth, accompanied by the formal merger of the campus administration in 1975.
IPFW combines challenging academics with a focus on student success across more than 200 Indiana University and Purdue University degree programs. Several online bachelor's degree programs are available, as well as an online graduate nursing program and online certificates.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.