The online Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner is designed for students who are interested in advancing their education or careers in the health and human services profession.
Clinical placements will be arranged by the student in the state(s) they are licensed.
Graduates of this program are qualified specialists having the expertise to utilize a comprehensive approach to meet diversified and holistic health needs. Knowledge and skills attained through this program include an emphasis in the following areas:
- Health Promotion, Health Protection, Disease Prevention, and Treatment
- Practitioner-Patient Relationship
- Teaching-Coaching Function
- Professional Role
- Managing and Negotiating Health Care Delivery Systems
- Monitoring and Ensuring the Quality of Health Care Practice
- Cultural Competence
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Indiana State University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent, Criminal Background Check, Interview
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in Nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited program; a current, unencumbered RN license; and current CPR certification.
- Extensive RN experience is preferred but not required.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Idaho, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wyoming, US Territories, International