The online Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner is designed for students who are interested in advancing their education or careers in the health and human services profession.
Clinical placements will be arranged by the student in the state(s) they are licensed.
Graduates of this program are qualified specialists having the expertise to utilize a comprehensive approach to meet diversified and holistic health needs. Knowledge and skills attained through this program include an emphasis in the following areas:
- Health Promotion, Health Protection, Disease Prevention, and Treatment
- Practitioner-Patient Relationship
- Teaching-Coaching Function
- Professional Role
- Managing and Negotiating Health Care Delivery Systems
- Monitoring and Ensuring the Quality of Health Care Practice
- Cultural Competence
- Earned bachelor’s degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program of nursing
- The equivalent of one year full-time RN experience (minimum of 1500 verifiable hours) at time of application. This experience must have been completed within the last five years.
- GPA 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate studies
- Current, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state of practice
- Resume or CV
- Two professional and one academic reference
- Personal statement of professional
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission