The online Master of Science in Nursing / Education is prepared to design, provide, and evaluate educational offerings as nurse faculty for university nursing programs, healthcare settings, community groups, and secondary education health career courses.
Clinical placements will be arranged by the student in the state(s) they are licensed.
Graduates will be prepared to meet the NLN certification competencies for excellence as a nurse educator. These competencies include:
- Facilitate excellence in student learning
- Facilitate learner development and socialization
- Apply assessment and evaluation strategies
- Engage in curriculum design
- Evaluate program outcomes
- Function as a change agent and leader
- Pursue continuous quality improvement
- Engage in scholarship
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students), Placement Test
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent, Criminal Background Check, Interview
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in Nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited program; a current, unencumbered RN license; and current CPR certification.
- Extensive RN experience is preferred but not required.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wyoming, US Territories, International