The online Master of Science in Nursing / Education is prepared to design, provide, and evaluate educational offerings as nurse faculty for university nursing programs, healthcare settings, community groups, and secondary education health career courses.
Clinical placements will be arranged by the student in the state(s) they are licensed.
Graduates will be prepared to meet the NLN certification competencies for excellence as a nurse educator. These competencies include:
- Facilitate excellence in student learning
- Facilitate learner development and socialization
- Apply assessment and evaluation strategies
- Engage in curriculum design
- Evaluate program outcomes
- Function as a change agent and leader
- Pursue continuous quality improvement
- Engage in scholarship
- Earned bachelor’s degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program of nursing
- The equivalent of one year full-time RN experience (minimum of 1500 verifiable hours) at time of application. This experience must have been completed within the last five years.
- GPA 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate studies
- Current, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state of practice
- Resume or CV
- Two professional and one academic reference
- Personal statement of professional
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission