Master of Science in Nursing / Education
Indiana State University
The online Master of Science in Nursing / Education is prepared to design, provide, and evaluate educational offerings as nurse faculty for university nursing programs, healthcare settings, community groups, and secondary education health career courses.
Clinical placements will be arranged by the student in the state(s) they are licensed.
Graduates will be prepared to meet the NLN certification competencies for excellence as a nurse educator. These competencies include:
- Facilitate excellence in student learning
- Facilitate learner development and socialization
- Apply assessment and evaluation strategies
- Engage in curriculum design
- Evaluate program outcomes
- Function as a change agent and leader
- Pursue continuous quality improvement
- Engage in scholarship
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Earned bachelor’s degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program of nursing
- The equivalent of one year full-time RN experience (minimum of 1500 verifiable hours) at time of application. This experience must have been completed within the last five years.
- GPA 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate studies
- Current, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state of practice
- Resume or CV
- Two professional and one academic reference
- Personal statement of professional
Not authorized for the following states: Alabama, Alaska, North Dakota, Arkansas, Idaho, Oregon, South Dakota, West Virginia, Louisiana, New York, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
This program is also closed to all students (including U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members) residing in a country other than the United States.
Located in Terre Haute, Indiana State University first opened as the Indiana State Normal School in 1865 and spent nearly one century educating youths to be teachers. Today, this public campus encapsulates 435 acres with more than eleven thousand enrolled students playing host to students worldwide.
Indiana State Online offers undergraduate and graduate programs to those interested in continuing their education or advancing their careers. We offer more than 60 programs that can be completed entirely online or with minimal on-campus visits. We also offer a variety of online minors, doctoral and specialist programs, and certificates and licensures to those requiring additional education and training in their degree programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.