Family Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate
Indiana State University
The online Post-Master’s Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner is designed for registered nurses holding a master's degree who desire to continue their education and expand their skillset as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
While all of the courses are offered online, students must complete a clinical placement, which may be completed in the student’s place of residence. T
Upon successful completion of program requirements, a certificate is awarded and students are eligible to apply for American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) certification or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) certification.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Earned master’s degree with a major in nursing from a nationally accredited program of nursing
- Provide documentation of successful completion of a graduate level advanced pathophysiology course with a minimum grade of B
- Provide documentation of successful completion of a graduate level pharmacology course within the past five years with a minimum grade of B. If older than five years, the student must retake this course.
- Some states require pharmacology within the past three years. It is the student’s responsibility to check with their state to determine this time frame and repeat the course if necessary.
- The equivalent of one year full-time RN experience (minimum of 1500 verifiable hours) at time of application. This experience must have been completed within the last five years.
- GPA 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in graduate studies
- Current, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state of practice
- Resume or CV
- Two professional and one academic reference
- Personal statement of professional goals
Not authorized for the following states: Alabama, Alaska, North Dakota, Arkansas, Idaho, Oregon, South Dakota, West Virginia, Louisiana, New York, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
This program is also closed to all students (including U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members) residing in a country other than the United States
Located in Terre Haute, Indiana State University first opened as the Indiana State Normal School in 1865 and spent nearly one century educating youths to be teachers. Today, this public campus encapsulates 435 acres with more than eleven thousand enrolled students playing host to students worldwide.
Indiana State Online offers undergraduate and graduate programs to those interested in continuing their education or advancing their careers. We offer more than 60 programs that can be completed entirely online or with minimal on-campus visits. We also offer a variety of online minors, doctoral and specialist programs, and certificates and licensures to those requiring additional education and training in their degree programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.