The online Doctor in Nursing Practice prepares nurses to be innovative leaders and environmental change agents to transform the healthcare delivery system.
The DNP represents the highest level of preparation in nursing practice, broadening the graduate's ability to process and translate new evidence into nursing practice. This ability is essential to maximizing the safety and efficacy of nursing practice to improve patient outcomes.
The following areas are emphasized:
- community health planning
- health policy leadership
- health promotion
- health protection
- disease prevention and treatment
- health care delivery system management
- cultural competence
- effective health care practice
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants should have a master's degree in Nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited program.
- Minimum two years nursing experience required
- Must have a current, unencumbered RN license and current CPR certification
- Prerequisites of graduate statistics and nursing research courses required with grade B or better
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, District of Columbia, Idaho, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wyoming, US Territories, International