Doctor of Nursing Practice
Indiana State University
The online Doctor in Nursing Practice prepares nurses to be innovative leaders and environmental change agents to transform the healthcare delivery system.
The DNP represents the highest level of preparation in nursing practice, broadening the graduate's ability to process and translate new evidence into nursing practice. This ability is essential to maximizing the safety and efficacy of nursing practice to improve patient outcomes.
The following areas are emphasized:
- community health planning
- health policy leadership
- health promotion
- health protection
- disease prevention and treatment
- health care delivery system management
- cultural competence
- effective health care practice
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Earned master’s degree in nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited program of nursing.
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience
- GPA 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in graduate studies
- Current, unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the state of practice
- National Certification for all nurse practitioner applicants
- Successful completion of graduate statistics and nursing research courses
- Resume or CV
- Two professional and one academic reference
- DNP Essay/Goal Statement
- Telephone, video, or an in-person interview may be required as part of the admission process
- Sample of Scholarly Writing
Not authorized for the following states: Alabama, Alaska, North Dakota, Arkansas, Idaho, Oregon, South Dakota, West Virginia, Louisiana, New York, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
This program is also closed to all students (including U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members) residing in a country other than the United States.
Located in Terre Haute, Indiana State University first opened as the Indiana State Normal School in 1865 and spent nearly one century educating youths to be teachers. Today, this public campus encapsulates 435 acres with more than eleven thousand enrolled students playing host to students worldwide.
Indiana State Online offers undergraduate and graduate programs to those interested in continuing their education or advancing their careers. We offer more than 60 programs that can be completed entirely online or with minimal on-campus visits. We also offer a variety of online minors, doctoral and specialist programs, and certificates and licensures to those requiring additional education and training in their degree programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.