Doctor of Nursing Practice
The online Doctor in Nursing Practice prepares nurses to be innovative leaders and environmental change agents to transform the healthcare delivery system.
The DNP represents the highest level of preparation in nursing practice, broadening the graduate's ability to process and translate new evidence into nursing practice. This ability is essential to maximizing the safety and efficacy of nursing practice to improve patient outcomes.
The following areas are emphasized:
- community health planning
- health policy leadership
- health promotion
- health protection
- disease prevention and treatment
- health care delivery system management
- cultural competence
- effective health care practice
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$404.00
Out of State Rate:$513.00
Additional Fees :$650.00
Fees Overview :
Online Education Delivery Fee per Course: $50
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$16,406.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$20,657.00
International Students Accepted:No
- Earned master’s degree in nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited program of nursing.
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience
- GPA 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in graduate studies
- Current, unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the state of practice
- National Certification for all nurse practitioner applicants
- Successful completion of graduate statistics and nursing research courses
- Resume or CV
- Two professional and one academic reference
- DNP Essay/Goal Statement
- Telephone, video, or an in-person interview may be required as part of the admission process
- Sample of Scholarly Writing
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
Not authorized for the following states: Alabama, Alaska, North Dakota, Arkansas, Idaho, Oregon, South Dakota, West Virginia, Louisiana, New York, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
This program is also closed to all students (including U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members) residing in a country other than the United States.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.