Indian River State College offers an online bachelor completion program in Exceptional Students Education for individuals who already have an associate degree or who first pursue an associate degree through IRSC. Students in the degree program will also gain endorsements in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Reading.
This online special education degree places a special emphasis on assessment, curriculum, and behavioral interventions for exceptional students in grades K-12. Courses explore ways to offer differentiated instruction for students of varying abilities.
Some of the topics studied in this major include:
- Human development and learning
- Early and emergent literacy
- Classroom management and communication
- Integrating technology in the classroom
- Curriculum and instruction for students with disabilities
- College transcripts
- Requires associate's degree for admission. Applicants without the required credits can apply to the school's online associate's degree first.
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges