Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
The online PhD in Nursing from Idaho State University prepares students to conduct independent research, collaborate as scholars and leaders, and educate for improving health and health care globally. Coursework explores topics such as:
- Philosophy of Nursing Science
- Qualitative Inquiry and Analysis
- Statistical Methods
- Leadership and Health Policy
- Research and Grant Writing
- Ethics in Nursing Research
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester
In State Rate:$4,464.00
Out of State Rate:$11,852.00
Additional Fees :$6,405.00
Fees Overview :
- Professional Fee (per semester) $1,085
- e-ISU Online Course Fee (per credit): $35
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$37,653.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$89,369.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Earned Bachelor of Science (BS in Nursing or BSN) from program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or other nationally recognized accrediting body for nursing education.
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited program will be considered.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher from a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS or BSN) program or ≥ 3.5 GPA based on previous 60 credits of undergraduate coursework.
- Evidence of completing a descriptive or inferential statistics course with a C grade or higher within five years prior to start of the academic year of admission to the program.
- Verification of valid and current unencumbered Registered Nursing license.
- Completion of a preadmission interview by the School of Nursing Ph.D. Admissions Committee.
- Mandatory attendance at the orientation for the Ph.D. program to be held on the ISU Pocatello campus in August of the year of admission.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.