The online Master of Public Health has a community health emphasis and includes an acquisition of requisite public health knowledge and skills in the areas of epidemiology, biostatistics, public health ethic, health organization and policy, and more. Public health professionals use a combination of social, environmental, legislative, and economic support to improve health programs designed to create a healthier populace.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA based on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
- Score an average of at least 40th percentile when considering both quantitative and verbal sections of the GRE general test but not lower than the 20th percentile in either section.
- An applicant who currently holds a graduate degree must submit their transcripts, but the undergraduate GPA requirement will not apply. College transcripts must be submitted to the ISU Graduate School.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two years of experience working in the health field is preferred for admission. A B.S. or B.A. degree in health or a health-related discipline may substitute for working experience.
Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
School Accreditation Statement
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities