In the spring of 1928, Hutchinson voters approved the establishment of a two-year co-educational college to be known as the Hutchinson Junior College. The college held its first classes that fall with 187 students enrolled. In 1965, the college's name was changed to Hutchinson Community Junior College and governance was transferred to an elected board of trustees. The name was changed again in 1980 to Hutchinson Community College.
Hutchinson offers programs for associate’s degrees and certificates. Many courses are offered online, and several associate’s degree programs can be completed completely online.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission