Founded in 1985, Huntington University of Health Sciences is a distance education institution that provides for degree programs in healthcare and nutrition. Students can opt to pursue broader studies in integrative healthcare, nutrition and business management or focus on topics, such as nutrition tailored for athletes. Programs range from associate to graduate degrees. Non-degree seeking students can also pursue diploma coursework.
Studies at HUHS have been designed for occupations such as:
- Community advocate in nutrition counseling and promotion
- Health food business owner
- Health food sales representative and marketer
- Health or fitness club advisor
- And other health-related professions
Students can choose to enroll immediately in self-paced options or apply to the traditional semester-based format. All coursework is online and students can study at a time that is convenient for them. Faculty advisors provide ongoing support.