The online MSEd in Special Education / International Perspectives degree program from Hofstra University explores the field of Special Education across developmental levels (early childhood, elementary, adolescent, adult) and a range of disabilities. The curriculum focuses on:
- Early intervention and working with families
- Using assessment and diagnosis to inform instruction
- Nature and needs of specific disabilities
- Evidence-based instructional practice strategies
- Behavior Management
- Inclusive Education and the 21st century classroom
- Universal design for learning
Upon graduation, students are ready to serve as leaders in countries committed to meeting the goals of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2012).
- Baccalaureate degree in education or related field from an accredited college or university
- Academic transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Personal statement.
- Two letters of recommendation
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education