Doctor of Nursing Practice
Gwynedd Mercy University
The online DNP degree program from Gwynedd Mercy University is designed to extend the skills and knowledge of current nurse practitioners, certified registered nurse anesthetists, clinical nurse specialists, or certified nurse midwives, enabling them to advance in their careers. The curriculum equips students for advanced practice nursing with skills and tools that allow them to:
- Examine evidence based practice
- Assess quality improvement
- Engage in social policy changes
- Provide systems leadership
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Hold a master’s degree in nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Provide official university transcripts proving a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in your MSN
- Provide proof of current professional certification as an APRN and RN licensure in one of the 50 states or U.S. territories
- Submit official, sealed transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Provide proof of current professional liability insurance
- Provide a current resume/CV reflecting a minimum of two years’ prior clinical experience as an APRN
- Submit three letters of reference from other APRNs (one may be from a physician)
- Complete and submit a personal goal statement
- Complete an interview with a faculty member once application is complete
Founded by the Sisters of Mercy of Merion in 1948, Gwynedd Mercy University has a long history of helping students make a difference—in their lives and in the lives of others. GMercyU is shaped by a Catholic identity as well as the Mercy heritage and charism, with programs designed to prepare students to lead productive lives of deep meaning and value.
Gwynedd Mercy University confers degrees and certificates from the associate's to the doctoral level from five schools:
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Education
- Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing & Health Professions
- School of Graduate & Professional Studies
With accelerated undergraduate and graduate degrees offered on campus and online, GMercyU’s School of Graduate and Professional Studies helps students earn the degrees they need in on campus, online, or hybrid formats that combine online and classroom study.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.