Learn how to improve health care systems and patient outcomes from all aspects with this MSN online focusing on Health Care Quality and Patient Safety. This program from Grand Canyon University allows nurses to increase their leadership abilities while also focusing on critical thinking, evidence-based research, and diagnostic reasoning to create cohesive healthcare solutions.
The curriculum covers research, collaboration, communication, data analysis, project management, and more. Classes examine the elements of change management and how to identify criteria for success. Students will be able to identify nationally recognized metrics for quality, ways to support quality improvement measures, and technologies to support patient safety.
Graduates of the MSN in Health Care Quality and Patient Safety are qualified for positions including:
- Quality and patient safety coordinator
- Director of risk and quality
- Director of nursing
- Patient safety officer
- Regional director of quality management
- Vice president of care coordination
- Chief nursing officer
Grand Canyon University © 2017 – All Rights Reserved. For the most up-to-date information about admission requirements, tuition, scholarships and more, visit gcu.edu. For more information about the median debt of students who complete the program, and other important information, please visit our website at gcu.edu/disclosures. Please note, not all GCU programs are available in all states and in all learning modalities. Program availability is contingent on student enrollment. GCU, while reserving its lawful rights in light of its Christian mission, is committed to maintaining an academic environment that is free from unlawful discrimination. Further detail on GCU’s Non-Discrimination policies can be found at gcu.edu/titleIX.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from a CCNE/NLNAC or ACEN accredited program
- College transcripts
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Current unencumbered, unrestricted license as a registered nurse (RN) or ARNP certification in states where the ARNP is an upgrade of the RN license resulting in only one license that is both an RN and an ARNP license
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission