Master of Education in Educational Leadership
Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University's Master of Education in Educational Leadership (Does not lead to initial teacher licensure) program is designed for individuals interested in educational administration in the PK-12 setting and social services settings for children, but who must postpone a school site-based administrative internship or do not choose to seek a K-12 administrative certificate. The Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) and the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards form the foundation of this program of study. Courses are taught by expert practitioners in their respective fields who share knowledge and experience in areas of school and business leadership, administrative foundations, organizational theory and culture, PK-12 legal issues, public school finance, curriculum development, and instructional and team leadership. As an opportunity to apply theory to practice, field experience/practicum hours are embedded throughout the program. The Action Inquiry process frames these experiences. Benchmark assessments within each course guide students through observation, practice, and hands-on leadership experiences. Graduates of the program are prepared to become educational leaders in the home, church, private schools, and other settings not requiring an administrative credential. To be admitted into this program, 3 years of teaching experience is strongly recommended. Students who complete this program and then desire to secure an administrative credential will be required to complete the program requirements of the Master of Education in Educational Administration. This program does not include a student teaching component, and does not therefore lead to licensure or certification, but may lead to career advancement for those already certified as teachers.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
- Documented proof of two years of verified teaching experience, PK-12 (teacher of record) / (Teacher Verification Form)
- Accredited bachelor’s degree from a GCU-approved institution with a 2.8 GPA or higher
This program does does not lead to teacher or principal licensure but may lead to career advancement.
Whether one chooses to enroll in a bachelor’s degree in nursing or further pursue educational goals with a master’s degree, Grand Canyon University provides ample online opportunities designed to meet the needs of the adult learner.
Founded on Christian principles in 1949, the interdenominational Grand Canyon University challenges students through its mission statement “to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators, and responsible leaders.” The University reinforces its vision through its four pillars of: Academic Advancement; Christian Camaraderie; Extracurricular Activities; and Wellness and Well-being.
Grand Canyon University is a four-year, private institution of higher education. Programs of study range from undergraduate degrees to the doctoral level. Degrees are housed within eight colleges at Grand Canyon.
- Colangelo College of Business
- College of Doctoral Studies
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts and Production
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology
- College of Theology
Grand Canyon University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The University also retains specialized accreditation and/or approval for specific degree programs. Agencies include:
- Accreditation Council Business Schools and Programs
- Arizona State Board of Education
- Arizona Department of Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
DISTANCE AND ONLINE EDUCATION
More than 100 degree programs are offered online at Grand Canyon University. The University maintains the same high standards for online students as it does for on-campus counterparts, including degrees taught by the same faculty, access to advising and peer connections, extracurricular activities, online tutoring, and added resources. In addition, the online campus features:
- Online degree programs offered 100 percent online
- Individualized degree programs that allow students to complete 4-credit courses, one-at-a-time
- Asynchronous courses, with 24/7 access, hosted through the learning management platform and library systems
- Eligibility for scholarships and tuition assistance, along with federal aid programs
- Transfer-friendly options, of which include a free evaluation of your graduation plan and cost estimates within 24 hours of submission of official transcripts
- Participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program and Veterans Affairs benefit programs, in addition to offering discounted tuition for eligible military students and their families.
There is no cost to apply to Grand Canyon University. Interested students are encouraged to request more information.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.