Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology / Performance Psychology
Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University’s Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in General Psychology program offers a broad array of courses that increase the understanding of human actions in the past and present. The program prepares individuals to engage their knowledge and skills in cognition and instruction in applied settings of teaching and/or conducting psychological research in business, government, or institutions of higher education. Core areas of knowledge include history and systems of psychology, cognition, research methods, and statistics, as well as personality, abnormal, social, multicultural, and developmental psychology. Students are advised to inquire directly with their state if they intend to pursue licensure, as this degree does not lead directly to licensure in and of itself. Entry to this program requires a graduate degree and related coursework. Graduates of Grand Canyon University’s Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology program with an emphasis in performance psychology will be able to apply theory and practice to conduct original research or work in applied settings such as sport, military, or medical industries to enhance performance of individuals and groups.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
All entering Ph.D. learners must have taken a statistics course or research course containing key statistics fundamentals, earning a minimum GPA of 2.0 or a passing grade if the institution does not use the traditional A-F grading systems. This course may be taken at GCU prior to enrolling in doctoral-level courses. Masters degree is required.
An on campus residency is required.
Whether one chooses to enroll in a bachelor’s degree in nursing or further pursue educational goals with a master’s degree, Grand Canyon University provides ample online opportunities designed to meet the needs of the adult learner.
Founded on Christian principles in 1949, the interdenominational Grand Canyon University challenges students through its mission statement “to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators, and responsible leaders.” The University reinforces its vision through its four pillars of: Academic Advancement; Christian Camaraderie; Extracurricular Activities; and Wellness and Well-being.
Grand Canyon University is a four-year, private institution of higher education. Programs of study range from undergraduate degrees to the doctoral level. Degrees are housed within eight colleges at Grand Canyon.
- Colangelo College of Business
- College of Doctoral Studies
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts and Production
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology
- College of Theology
Grand Canyon University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The University also retains specialized accreditation and/or approval for specific degree programs. Agencies include:
- Accreditation Council Business Schools and Programs
- Arizona State Board of Education
- Arizona Department of Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
DISTANCE AND ONLINE EDUCATION
More than 100 degree programs are offered online at Grand Canyon University. The University maintains the same high standards for online students as it does for on-campus counterparts, including degrees taught by the same faculty, access to advising and peer connections, extracurricular activities, online tutoring, and added resources. In addition, the online campus features:
- Online degree programs offered 100 percent online
- Individualized degree programs that allow students to complete 4-credit courses, one-at-a-time
- Asynchronous courses, with 24/7 access, hosted through the learning management platform and library systems
- Eligibility for scholarships and tuition assistance, along with federal aid programs
- Transfer-friendly options, of which include a free evaluation of your graduation plan and cost estimates within 24 hours of submission of official transcripts
- Participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program and Veterans Affairs benefit programs, in addition to offering discounted tuition for eligible military students and their families.
There is no cost to apply to Grand Canyon University. Interested students are encouraged to request more information.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.