Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership / Behavioral Health
Grand Canyon University
Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Behavioral Health. This doctoral-level degree program is designed specifically for practicing behavioral health professionals, including licensed professional counselors, licensed marriage and family therapists, licensed social workers, school counselors, psychiatric nurses, and behavioral health agency managers. Participants must hold a master’s degree in a behavioral health-related field to participate in this program, which assists them with their development into behavioral health servant leaders who are ethical agents of change with diverse populations in a wide variety of behavioral health organizational settings. The program develops leaders capable of innovation, invention and discovery as well as the responsible application of current best practices to achieve organizational goals and objectives. This highly relevant and robust curriculum focuses on the major bodies of leadership literature and theory and identifies the most appropriate and effective applications to educational, business and organizational environments. Participants will develop academic and organizational research expertise through the study of statistics and research methodology. The program of study is consistent with Grand Canyon University's mission to develop students who are global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators, and responsible leaders. With the Emphasis in Behavioral Health, the program further provides a broad understanding of leadership and supervision within the behavioral health settings. This includes models and methods of supervision, current research, interventions, as well as legal and ethical considerations. Graduates will possess the knowledge and skills needed to lead a behavioral health organization serving today’s complex, dynamic and diverse populations.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Applicants may be accepted for admission by meeting the criteria specified below: Have earned a doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution with an overall GPA of 3.4 or higher. Applicants with a GPA less than 3.4 will be accepted with specifications. OR Have earned a master's from a regionally accredited institution with an overall GPA of 3.4 or higher. Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 - 3.39 will be accepted with specifications. All applicants must submit a letter of intent between.
Whether one chooses to enroll in a bachelor’s degree in nursing or further pursue educational goals with a master’s degree, Grand Canyon University provides ample online opportunities designed to meet the needs of the adult learner.
Founded on Christian principles in 1949, the interdenominational Grand Canyon University challenges students through its mission statement “to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators, and responsible leaders.” The University reinforces its vision through its four pillars of: Academic Advancement; Christian Camaraderie; Extracurricular Activities; and Wellness and Well-being.
Grand Canyon University is a four-year, private institution of higher education. Programs of study range from undergraduate degrees to the doctoral level. Degrees are housed within eight colleges at Grand Canyon.
- Colangelo College of Business
- College of Doctoral Studies
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts and Production
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology
- College of Theology
Grand Canyon University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The University also retains specialized accreditation and/or approval for specific degree programs. Agencies include:
- Accreditation Council Business Schools and Programs
- Arizona State Board of Education
- Arizona Department of Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
DISTANCE AND ONLINE EDUCATION
More than 100 degree programs are offered online at Grand Canyon University. The University maintains the same high standards for online students as it does for on-campus counterparts, including degrees taught by the same faculty, access to advising and peer connections, extracurricular activities, online tutoring, and added resources. In addition, the online campus features:
- Online degree programs offered 100 percent online
- Individualized degree programs that allow students to complete 4-credit courses, one-at-a-time
- Asynchronous courses, with 24/7 access, hosted through the learning management platform and library systems
- Eligibility for scholarships and tuition assistance, along with federal aid programs
- Transfer-friendly options, of which include a free evaluation of your graduation plan and cost estimates within 24 hours of submission of official transcripts
- Participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program and Veterans Affairs benefit programs, in addition to offering discounted tuition for eligible military students and their families.
There is no cost to apply to Grand Canyon University. Interested students are encouraged to request more information.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.