Working healthcare professionals can advance their careers with an online bachelor’s degree in Health Science from Grand Canyon University. Students will be challenged to improve their knowledge and skills to provide advanced patient care. Courses emphasize a Christian worldview to help students understand people’s spirituality and cultural experiences when it comes to considering the healthcare needs of the individual.
The program curriculum focuses on four areas of study: patient care, leadership and management, risk management and ethics, and trends and issues. The degree program culminates in a capstone project where students research a topic of interest related to their professional goals. Graduates can choose to stay in their current position, advance into supervisory roles, or pursue a master’s degree in healthcare administration or public health.
Core class topics include the following:
- Risk management and healthcare regulations
- Statistics for healthcare professionals
- Ethical and spiritual decision making in healthcare
- Leadership and vocation
- Trends and issues in healthcare
Grand Canyon University © 2020– All Rights Reserved. For the most up-to-date information about admission requirements, tuition, scholarships and more, visit gcu.edu. Please note, not all GCU programs are available in all states and in all learning modalities. Program availability is contingent on student enrollment. GCU, while reserving its lawful rights in light of its Christian mission, is committed to maintaining an academic environment that is free from unlawful discrimination. Further detail on GCU’s Non-Discrimination policies can be found at gcu.edu/titleIX.
- High school transcript or GED/HiSET
- Unweighted GPA of 3.0 or above
- Applicants who do not meet the GPA requirement may be eligible for acceptance based on ACT/SAT scores or college GPA
- Residents of Mississippi must have completed a minimum education of an Associate's Degree or higher for admission
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission