Find out more about Grand Canyon University

Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education & Special Education (Dual Major)

Program Details

The Bachelor of Science (BS) in Elementary Education and Special Education degree offered by Grand Canyon University is designed for future teachers interested in working with children with special needs in the elementary classroom setting. The dual degree program includes coursework that prepares future elementary teachers (K-8), as well as coursework that is required of special education teachers working with mild to moderate disabilities in the K-12 setting. Both pedagogical knowledge and special education-specific content make up the curriculum for the BS in Elementary Education and Special Education degree. Graduates of the program are prepared to work with students with mild to moderate special needs by implementing individualized educational plans to accommodate students’ various learning, behavioral and social needs. They also gain a well-rounded liberal arts elementary education background.


  • A high school diploma or GED is required
    • *Residents from Mississippi require an associate’s degree or higher for admission

Accreditation & Licensing

The Higher Learning Commission



MS* = Associate's Degree or Higher