Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner
The online Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner is designed to provide working RNs the opportunity to pursue a master's degree in nursing through the completion of a combination of online cohort courses, on-campus focus sessions, and practicum experiences in the student's local community.
The family nurse practitioner specialty track prepares the RN to care for individuals and families in a wide variety of health care settings, including clinics, community-based settings, long-term care facilities and hospitals.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an NLNAC, ACEN or CCNE accredited program. For students with foreign transcripts, a CGFNS evaluation is required with GPA equivalency and TOEFL score.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the U.S. and its territories.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above in the each of these areas:
- BSN cumulative GPA.
- last 60 hours of undergraduate college work (or nearest semester or term break to this). RN-MSN program only.
- A grade of B or better in any graduate nursing course.
- Satisfactory criminal background check after acceptance.
- Three references.
- Professional goals statement of 150 words or less. A two-day, on-campus focus session is required for completion of the master of nursing portion.
With roots as a high school academy more than a century ago, Graceland University has built upon its core values of “learning,” “wholeness” and “community” to deliver a liberal arts education that is “enhanced by career-oriented practical experiences.” Today, the university leads the way with its renowned nursing program as well as its reputation for education, business, and seminary degrees. Sponsored by the Community of Christ Church, it has two main campuses in Lamoni, Iowa and Independence, Missouri.
Graceland offers online bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in nursing, education, religion, and business fields. Some programs are fully online, while others are a combination of campus and online courses. Classes are offered in various terms.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.