Nurses with a bachelor’s degree can pursue this online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree. The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner concentration prepares NPs to care for patients of all ages facing mental health challenges. Graduates are eligible to sit for the national certification exam, giving them advanced practice licensure.
Courses cover evidence-based practices, health promotion, and theoretical foundations for healthcare improvement. Students learn advanced Psychiatric Mental Health nursing concepts. Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners typically work in primary care settings such as private practices, clinics, mental health institutions, and community health centers.
Some of the topics studied as a part of this online Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program include:
- Theoretical foundations for healthcare improvement
- Contemporary healthcare environment
- Information technology and data management
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Gonzaga University is accredited by:
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.3 or above (4.0 scale)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Minimum of seven on-campus visits for immersion experiences (average of one per semester during semesters 5-12)
- Must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with an unencumbered RN license from a CCNE or ACEN accredited nursing program. Individuals with a non-BSN degree and unencumbered RN license can apply but may need to complete additional nursing courses.
Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin