This online DNP degree is designed for nurse practitioners with a bachelor’s degree who are pursuing a career as a Family Nurse Practitioner. Graduates of this program will be prepared to care for patients of all ages, from infants to seniors.
Coursework focuses on health promotion, evidence-based practices, and theoretical foundations for healthcare improvement. Students in this online Nurse Practitioner degree program will gain a greater understanding of ethical and legal principles of healthcare. FNPs can expect to work in settings including private practices, clinics, urgent care centers, and community health centers.
The curriculum includes topics such as:
- Advanced pathophysiology
- Advanced pharmacology
- Advanced health assessment
- Quality improvement and leadership in healthcare
- Translational research in advanced practice
- Population health outcomes
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.3 or above (4.0 scale)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Minimum of eight on-campus visits required for immersion experiences (average of one per semester during semesters 5-12).
- Must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with an unencumbered RN license from a CCNE or ACEN accredited nursing program. Individuals with a non-BSN degree and unencumbered RN license can apply but may need to complete additional nursing courses.
Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin