Doctor of Nursing Practice
The online DNP degree program from Gonzaga University is designed to provide students a quality education and a well-respected degree focused on competencies in the areas of leadership, health policy, system improvement, research and evidence-based practice, and teamwork and collaboration. Graduates of this program possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Serve as leaders and champions of change within complex healthcare systems
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills to optimize health in a selected area of nursing
- Demonstrate humanistic, reflective practice, ethical reasoning, and advocacy for a selected population
- Synthesize theory and evidence to create, implement, and evaluate strategies to improve practice
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- A MSN degree from an CCNE or ACEN accredited program
- A cumulative GPS from master’s level courses of 3.3
- Official transcripts
- Must have taken a 3-semester credit graduate level inferential statistics or biostatistics course
- Three recommendations
- Current resume or CV
- Current RN license
- One, three-day immersion required in Spokane, WA
Father Joseph Cataldo, S. J. purchased 320 acres of land and water in Spokane, Washington to establish Gonzaga University in 1881, enrolling eighteen male students with the intentions of entering the priesthood. Today, the private, not-for-profit Gonzaga University retains its Roman Catholic (Jesuit) roots, however has expanded to include the education of nearly 8,000 young men and women of varied faiths.
The University confers undergraduate degrees, master’s degrees, and doctoral degrees from seven colleges and schools, including:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- School of Engineering & Applied Science
- School of Law
- School of Nursing & Human Physiology
- School of Professional Studies
Gonzaga University Online offers graduate-level degree programs from all seven schools. Gonzaga University Online works to individualize degree programs giving students greater flexibility and convenience.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.