The online Master of Science in Finance is designed for students launching or extending careers in finance. This program focuses on specific subjects within different areas of finance in order to strengthen the student’s expertise and knowledge. Discover how best to provide value to your organization through studies including but not limited to:
- Investment management
- Corporate finance
- Principles of valuation
Courses provide experience in areas such as evaluating financial decisions of large corporations, creating risk management strategies, and more. Graduates may pursue careers in financial management, security analysis, portfolio management, and banking with this degree. Explore analytical tools, methods, and other topics to enhance your professional edge with GGU online today.
- Hold an earned bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited US institution or the equivalent from a recognized foreign (outside the US) institution
- Demonstrate academic and professional capability to study at the graduate level
- Possess quantitative, writing, and computing skills needed to succeed in a competitive and dynamic environment
- Satisfy any additional criteria as required for admission to a specific degree program
School Accreditation Statement
WSCUC (WASC Senior Colleges and Universities Commission)
GGU is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission, the organization that accredits universities in California and Hawaii, including Stanford, University of San Francisco, UC Berkeley, San Jose State. GGU has never chosen to apply for the optional AACSB accreditation because its requirements are not consistent with their mission and commitment to have students learn from former and current practitioners rather than pure scholars. To do this, Golden Gate focuses on hiring full and part-time faculty who have a strong practitioner background and bring their practical experience to the classroom. AACSB rules are not consistent with this approach and, unfortunately, many standard rankings such as US News & World Report base their information on AACSB. With more than 68,000 alumni, we are confident that GGU prepares students with knowledge and skills that can be used throughout their careers.
- AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION (ABA)
- CALIFORNIA STATE BAR
- AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF LAW SCHOOLS (AALS)