Doctor of Nursing Practice
Georgia Southern University
The online DNP degree program from Georgia Southern University is designed to fit the busy schedules of full-time nurses and provide the advanced knowledge and skills required to excel in the field. The curriculum provides training in:
- Direct care of individual patients
- Management of care for individuals and populations
- Administration of nursing systems
- Development and implementation of health policy
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Master’s degree in the proposed field of study (MSN) or its equivalent from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
- Minimum undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.3 (on 4.0 scale)
- Vitae to include: Personal rationale for seeking DNP, Future goals, Education, Research experience, Publications (identify refereed), Professional presentations (identify refereed), Community service projects
- Certification in a specialty area for all NPs. For all others, appropriate certification in specialty area, if available.
- A minimum of 500 documented academic clinical hours in MSN APN preparation. Evidence of post-graduation clinical experience in the advanced practice role unless continuing immediately into DNP course work as post-MSN DNP student.
- Current registered nursing (RN) licensure
- Current malpractice liability insurance
- American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification
- Three letters of recommendation
Since 1906, Georgia Southern University's hallmark has been a culture of engagement that bridges theory with practice, extends the learning environment beyond the classroom, and promotes student growth and life success. Georgia Southern University is the state’s largest and most comprehensive center of higher education south of Atlanta. With degree programs at the baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern has been designated a Carnegie Doctoral-Research university and provides the classic residential campus experience and online learning options.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.