Georgia College and State University offers the online Master of Music Therapy. This degree prepares students as clinicians, scholars, and leaders in the profession of Music Therapy by providing theoretical research and practical base for meeting the challenging needs of clientele.
Sample of Program Requirements:
- Leadership, Supervision & Management
- Music Therapists And Technology
- Music & the Exceptional Child
- Music Therapy Thesis
- Qualitative Research
This degree advances students from competencies achieved in undergraduate studies to competencies which are in depth, analytic, interdisciplinary and global.
- Regular Admissions Requirements (60 points or more required):
- Bachelor's degree in Music Therapy
- Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (20 points)
- In-person or video interview and audition submitted with application (30 points)
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation (10 points)
- Essay "What is Music Therapy?" Use three scholarly references and APA style (10 points)
- On-campus seminars are held twice each semester. These seminars are mandatory. Seminars are held Friday 9:00 a.m. – Saturday 9:30 p.m.
National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges