Master of Science in Nursing / Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
Nursing@Georgetown is an academically rigorous, evidence-based program that culminates in a Master of Science degree, delivered online by Georgetown University’s nationally ranked School of Nursing & Health Studies. Taught by highly respected faculty, these programs are designed to help the next generation of nursing leaders gain the skills and knowledge they need to advance their nursing careers while maintaining their commitment to caring for individuals, families, and communities, with a special emphasis on the underserved.
Using a blend of highly interactive online class sessions, social connections between peers and faculty, and real-world clinical experiences based on each student’s specialty and location, Nursing@Georgetown engages students and faculty in a personalized learning environment. The freedom to complete engaging, rigorous coursework online from across the country, combined with live, face-to-face collaborative classroom experiences with nursing leaders from the Washington, D.C. network, creates an online nursing education unlike any other.
The Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) program prepares nurses to take on leadership roles as primary care providers for women throughout the lifespan. Students will develop the specialized skills and experience to treat and prevent illnesses unique to women, as well as provide focused care in areas such as: Primary care, Prenatal and postpartum care, Lifespan care through menopause, General wellness and preventive care, Reproductive health care.
This specialization is ideal for students interested in hands-on care of women, but are not interested in attending births.
• Students experience the same academically rigorous, values-based curriculum as on-campus and receive the same degree
• Interactive, live online class sessions delivered face-to-face by NHS faculty with a student-to-faculty ratio of approximately 10-to-1
• Dynamic, self-paced online course content developed by highly regarded NHS faculty and leading instructional designers
• On-campus intensive learning immersions
• An interactive online community that uses social networking, community groups, and organizational tools
• One-on-one guidance from professors during live, face-to-face office hours
• Flexibility to participate and learn from any Internet-connected device without relocating
• 24/7 access to all required lectures, readings, assignments, and dynamic documentary videos
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$1,995.00
Out of State Rate:$1,995.00
Additional Fees :$20.00
Fees Overview :
Clinical Background Fee (one-time): $20
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$87,800.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$87,800.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Must hold a BSN & RN degree.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Sealed official academic transcripts.
- A personal statement.
- A video essay.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- At least one year of work experience in a critical care setting.
Three on-campus intensives are required.
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
The Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME) for the basic certificate and graduate nurse-midwifery education programs for registered nurses. The ACME has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a programmatic accrediting agency for nurse-midwifery education programs since 1982. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) for the nursing education programs at the baccalaureate and graduate degree levels. Officially recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) is an autonomous accrediting agency, contributing to the improvement of the public's health. CCNE ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing.
This online program is not available to residents of the following states: New York, Nevada and Tennessee.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.