The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 20 years!
Find out more about Georgetown University
Receive more information about
Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner
The Family Nurse Practitioner Program empowers students to improve the health and well being of family members at all stages of life. Georgetown-educated Family Nurse Practitioners (FNPs) apply cutting-edge science and manage the health needs of patients in primary care settings, taking a holistic approach that emphasizes both care and cure.
• Students experience the same academically rigorous, values-based curriculum as on-campus and receive the same degree
• Interactive, live online class sessions delivered face-to-face by NHS faculty with a student-to-faculty ratio of approximately 10-to-1
• Dynamic, self-paced online course content developed by highly regarded NHS faculty and leading instructional designers
• On-campus intensive learning immersions
• An interactive online community that uses social networking, community groups, and organizational tools
• One-on-one guidance from professors during live, face-to-face office hours
• Flexibility to participate and learn from any Internet-connected device without relocating
• 24/7 access to all required lectures, readings, assignments, and dynamic documentary videos
At least one year of work experience in a critical care setting.
Three on-campus intensives are required.
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
The Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME) for the basic certificate and graduate nurse-midwifery education programs for registered nurses. The ACME has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a programmatic accrediting agency for nurse-midwifery education programs since 1982. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) for the nursing education programs at the baccalaureate and graduate degree levels. Officially recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) is an autonomous accrediting agency, contributing to the improvement of the public's health. CCNE ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing.
This online program is not available to residents of the following states: New York, Nevada and Tennessee.
Consent for Contact
I understand that by submitting this form, WGU and Get Educated will be contacting me by email and phone. Submitting this form also constitutes my express written consent to receive phone calls and text messages from WGU, at the phone number(s) I have provided, including a wireless number. I also understand that consent is not a condition of enrollment.