George Mason University’s online Master of Science in Accounting program helps you gain the education and practical experience necessary to meet licensure requirements and succeed in your professional career. Individuals with a graduate degree who pass the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam have access to greater accounting career opportunities and earning potential.
Designed for working professionals and anyone who needs flexibility in their schedule, this online Accounting degree program offers both full-time and part-time completion options, with the ability to complete the program in as little as 11 months. Students can choose to enroll in one or two courses every eight weeks.
In this program, you can expect to study topics including:
- Advanced issues in taxation
- Advanced issues in financial accounting
- Fraud examination
- Global accounting environment
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
AACSB International (AACSB)
School Accreditation & Licensing
George Mason University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Admission TestsGMAT, GRE
Resume/CV, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Official College Transcript(s), Essay/Writing Sample
- The MSA program incorporates a one-week international study tour, or global residency, led by an MSA professor. Previous residencies have taken place in Prague, London, and Frankfurt.
- Applicants need to have a bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or equivalent.