Experienced nurses can grow into patient care leadership and expert specialty roles with the online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree. Students choosing the Family Nurse Practitioner concentration will be prepared to provide primary care to diverse populations across the lifespan.
Gardner-Webb University provides a Christian viewpoint for improving healthcare outcomes through evidence-based practice. Online Nurse Practitioner degree students can complete a practicum experience in their local community. Coursework focuses on scholarship, appreciative inquiry, theory, and professional role development.
Classes cover topics including:
- Leadership and operations management
- Population health
- Health economics, policy, and ethics
- Human flourishing and health promotion
- Health assessment
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Gardner-Webb University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- A bachelor's degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution with a nationally accredited program is preferred. Applicants with a bachelor's degree in another field may be accepted by meeting additional requirements.
- Must have a current, unrestricted RN license.
- Two years of full-time active RN practice in the last three years required with a Statement of Description of Work Experience