Gardner-Webb University offers an online Human Services bachelor’s degree that prepares students for a wide variety of social service career paths. Students will learn about the challenges and capabilities of future clients to be able to better advocate for their needs.
Courses examine the principles, theories, and skills used by Human Services professionals. Graduates will be prepared for entry-level work in public, nonprofit, and private settings. Others may choose to continue their education with graduate counseling programs. This degree enables students to sit for examination to become a Human Services-Board Certified Practitioner (HS-BCP).
Content areas covered include:
- Case management
- Intervention strategies
- Human development and behavior
- Ethical standards for helping professions
- Multicultural and social awareness
- Crisis and trauma prevention
- Official transcripts indicating 48 transferable credit hours from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better
- Completion of specific prerequisite coursework as deemed necessary by the department of the chosen major
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges