Doctor of Nursing Practice
The online DNP program from Gannon University is designed to prepare students as leaders in their practice area. Students complete an immersion experience in which they prepare, deliver, and evaluate an evidence-based practice project in the clinical area. Graduates of the program are prepared to:
- Be culturally sensitive, competent, and safe practitioners who deliver care and act as advocates for individuals, aggregates, and communities of varying diversity and socioeconomic levels
- Effectively use technology, large aggregate databases, and information systems to identify, use, and create therapeutic nursing interventions that promote health and prevent disease
- Identify, analyze, and create evidence-based solutions to individual practice and organizational health care dilemmas
- Synthesize and utilize ethical, legal, political, and advocacy methodologies to positively impact health care practice and health care delivery systems
- Promote collaborative and multidisciplinary delivery of health care as members of teams and organizations across the health care practice arena
- Provide quality nursing leadership and serve as mentors to other nurses, from novice nurses to nurses in advanced practice roles
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Official transcripts
- A 3.5 out of 4.0 overall GPA in their Master’s work
- Three letters of recommendation
- Submit a complete portfolio
- A professional resume
- A copy of a current license and advanced practice license
- Evidence of active certification and current CEUs
- Course description of a graduate level statistics course (if one has been completed)
- A synopsis or evidence of a thesis or evidence-based practice project completed at the Master’s level
- An essay
If your home state is Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, New Mexico, Washington, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Wyoming, or Oregon, please contact the Gannon University Office of Graduate Admissions for details regarding your enrollment eligibility.
Gannon is a Catholic, Diocesan university dedicated to excellence in teaching, scholarship and service. Faculty and staff prepare students to be global citizens through programs grounded in the liberal arts and sciences and professional specializations. Inspired by the Catholic Intellectual Tradition, they offer a comprehensive, values-centered learning experience that emphasizes faith, leadership, inclusiveness and social responsibility.
Gannon offers several master's degrees and certificates fully online. Their online degree programs are designed for busy professionals balancing a career and home life. With flexible class schedules, Gannon's distance learning programs allow students to continue their education without putting their lives on hold.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.