Frostburg’s M.S.N. program, offers two tracks fully online, Nursing Administration and Nursing Education and two concentrations in a hybrid format, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP). The FNP and PMHNP hybrid format is 90 to 95% online but requires students to come to campus an average two times a semester for 2 to 3 days.
The nursing education track is designed to serve students who wish to become faculty at nursing schools or educators in patient, staff or community settings.
- Must hold a current, unrestricted U.S. RN License
- Hold the degree of B.S. in Nursing from a nursing program accredited by CCNE or ACEN, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in the B.S. in Nursing
- Completion of 3 credits of undergraduate statistics
- Current resume
- Three letters of reference
- Onsite interview (FNP and PMHNP only)
- Nursing experience (FNP and PMHNP only)
- Background and Drug Screen (FNP and PMHNP only)
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education