Frostburg’s M.S.N. program, offers two tracks fully online, Nursing Administration and Nursing Education and two concentrations in a hybrid format, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP). The FNP and PMHNP hybrid format is 90 to 95% online but requires students to come to campus an average two times a semester for 2 to 3 days.
The nursing administration track is designed to prepare nurses for management and leadership roles in nursing homes, hospital nursing departments or other clinical settings. Graduates in this track would also be qualified to teach with an administrative specialty.
- Must hold a current, unrestricted U.S. RN License
- Hold the degree of B.S. in Nursing from a nursing program accredited by CCNE or ACEN, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in the B.S. in Nursing
- Completion of 3 credits of undergraduate statistics
- Current resume
- Three letters of reference
- Onsite interview (FNP and PMHNP only)
- Nursing experience (FNP and PMHNP only)
- Background and Drug Screen (FNP and PMHNP only)
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education