The online Master of Science in Nursing / Community-Based Family Nurse Practitioner is designed for students who are interested in advancing their education or careers in the health and human services profession.
The program is divided into four levels of study:
Level I – “Foundations for Practice”
Level II – “Clinical Management for Specialty Care”
Level III – “Clinical Bound”
Level IV – “Clinical Practicum”
Graduates will be fully prepared to move seamlessly into the Doctor of Nursing Program.
- Be a RN with educational preparation from a nationally (CCNE or ACEN) accredited nursing program.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 from the most recent degree (nursing or related field) earned.
- Be a registered nurse with a current, active license in the United States with no encumbrances.
- Have one year of Registered Nursing Experience. For RNs with less than one year of RN experience, the Admissions Committee may consider other significant experience in health care including working as a doula, childbirth educator, and/or lactation consultant.
- Submit three professional references.
- Two on campus visits is required.
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges