The online Master of Science in Nursing / Midwifery provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare nurses for leadership and management positions within the Midwifery field.
The program is divided into four levels of study:
- Level I – “Foundations for Practice”
- Level II – “Clinical Management for Specialty Care”
- Level III – “Clinical Bound”
- Level IV – “Clinical Practicum”
Graduates will be fully prepared to move seamlessly into the Doctor of Nursing Program.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Frontier Nursing University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- Must be a current, actively licensed RN with education from a regionally accredited institution and ACEN or CCNE accredited program.
- RNs who have a diploma or associate degree in nursing and a bachelor's degree in another area will be considered for admission with a portfolio of relevant employment and academic experience.
- Must have one year of RN experience or other significant healthcare experience such as doula, childbirth educator, or lactation consultant.
- A three-day orientation and five-day clinical intensive are required on campus.