Fort Valley State University started as Fort Valley High and Industrial School in 1895. FVHIS expanded its curriculum throughout the 1920s. A post-high school, baccalaureate year, and later, a teacher’s training program were in place by 1927. Liberal arts courses were also added for students. These additions resulted in the designation of FVHIS as a Junior College. In 1939, FVHIS became a University System of Georgia member and four-year degree granting institution.
Fort Valley offers associate's degrees, bachelor's degrees, and master's degrees, as well as professional certificates. Several degrees are offered completely online.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges