Find out more about Fort Hays State University

Master of Science in High-Incidence Special Education

Program Details

If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of children, you should consider an advanced degree in special education. Teachers licensed in special education are in high demand throughout Kansas and across the country. This program can either be completed for Gifted or High-Incidence Special Education.


  • An earned bachelor degree from an accredited university. International students with 3-year degrees will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the graduate dean
  • 2.5 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study
  • Personal Statement
  • Two letters of recommendation

Accreditation & Licensing

North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission

Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)