Prepare for a career working with young children with an associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education. The program focuses on the development of children from birth through age 8.
Students will study research and theory along with practical hands-on experiences and field opportunities. An emphasis is placed on the relationships between children, families, and communities. Graduates of this online Early Childhood Education degree are qualified to serve as a lead teacher in a Florida Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten class.
Course topics covered in this degree program include:
- Child development
- Early childhood language arts and reading
- Creative experiences for the young child
- Positive guidance and behavior management
- Health, safety, and nutrition for the young child
- Special needs in early childhood education
- High school diploma or equivalent
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges