Doctor of Nursing Practice
Florida International University
The online DNP degree program focuses on improving healthcare by helping future nurses to develop key skill sets while facilitating a culture of patient safety, evidence-based practice, and culturally competent care for diverse patients/populations. Graduates are able to facilitate the application and integration of research into clinical practice using innovative approaches across multiple settings to improve healthcare outcomes of culturally and linguistically diverse patients and healthcare systems.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Completed Master’s degree or Post Master’s certificate in Advanced Practice Nursing specialty role (e.g. ANP, PNP, FNP, CRNA, CNM, CNS, etc) from an accredited institution with minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Proof of current Advanced Practice licensure in your state of residence
- Proof of Advanced Practice Specialty Certification
- Completed Nursing DNP Program Application
- Essay (500 words) addressing desired focus and areas of interest for practice in DNP program
- Three (3) professional recommendations describing ability to be successful in a DNP program
- Curriculum Vitae
- Successful personal interview with DNP admissions committee
- Requires three on-campus class sessions per semester
Florida International University is an urban, multi-campus, public research university serving its students and the diverse population of South Florida. Founded in 1965, they are committed to high-quality teaching, state-of-the-art research and creative activity, and collaborative engagement with local and global communities.
FIU is Miami's first and only public research university, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees, including a variety of fully-online programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.