The Applied Behavior Analysis Certificate is designed for students who have a graduate degree and want to advance professionally by specializing in behavior analysis. This program fulfills educational requirements toward qualifying for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) examination. A master’s degree in an approved field from an accredited university and supervised field experience are also required by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
The curriculum of this online special education certification examines advanced topics in behavior analysis, such as functional assessment and intervention procedures for addressing socially unacceptable behaviors. Students will learn about psychology principles including behavioral assessment, measurement of behavior, data interpretation, and experimental design. Foundational knowledge is taught from the BACB Behavior Analyst Task List.
Students will study ABA-related topics including:
- Foundations, concepts, and principles of behavior analysis
- Basic elements of applied behavior analysis
- Developing, strengthening, and maintaining behavior
- Ethical and professional conduct of behavior analysts
- Decreasing, eliminating, and replacing problem behavior
- Targeted and advanced topics in behavior analysis
- Master's degree in Psychology, Education, or Applied Behavior Analysis
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges