The online Certificate in Forensic Nursing program provides an opportunity for advanced practice nurses who hold a master’s degree in nursing from accredited programs to acquire specialization in forensic nursing. Graduates are prepared to handle the prevention, scientific investigation, and treatment of victims of trauma and/or death as well as the investigation and treatment of perpetrators of abuse, violence, criminal activity and traumatic accidents.
- An official transcript as a graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program
- Three letters of recommendation
- A current US RN license (Applicants who reside and/or work outside the U.S. are not required to hold a US RN license but instead must possess a current license from the country they reside in or in which they will complete clinical coursework hours.)
- Written two-part essay
- A Background Check or a CORI (Criminal Offense Record Investigation) may be required by some clinical agencies. The cost of this Background Check/CORI is the responsibility of the student.
- An alternative portfolio entry pathway is available to the RN, with non-nursing BA/BS degrees
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education