Graduate Certificate in Forensic Nursing
Fitchburg State University
The online Certificate in Forensic Nursing program provides an opportunity for advanced practice nurses who hold a master’s degree in nursing from accredited programs to acquire specialization in forensic nursing. Graduates are prepared to handle the prevention, scientific investigation, and treatment of victims of trauma and/or death as well as the investigation and treatment of perpetrators of abuse, violence, criminal activity and traumatic accidents.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- An official transcript as a graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program
- Three letters of recommendation
- A current US RN license (Applicants who reside and/or work outside the U.S. are not required to hold a US RN license but instead must possess a current license from the country they reside in or in which they will complete clinical coursework hours.)
- Written two-part essay
- A Background Check or a CORI (Criminal Offense Record Investigation) may be required by some clinical agencies. The cost of this Background Check/CORI is the responsibility of the student.
- An alternative portfolio entry pathway is available to the RN, with non-nursing BA/BS degrees
Fitchburg State University can trace its roots to the opening of a teacher training school in the local high school in Fitchburg, Massachusetts in 1894. This program quickly grew and by the 1930s, the State Normal School gained approval to award bachelor’s degrees. Throughout the twentieth century, school titles were changed, programs diversified, and facilities expanded. Today, Fitchburg State University is a public, four-year, liberal arts university offering undergraduate and graduate programs. FSU also offers extended campus programs, hybrid courses, evening courses, accelerated courses, professional development seminars, and life-experience credit.
Distance education is also available to those who may not be able to physically attend classes on campus. Distance education programs allow students to attain master’s and bachelor’s degrees as well as certificates completely online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.