The online Bachelor of Science in History degree program studies change over time, helping students learn to create a better future by learning about the past. A history degree will help you to understand how and why events occurred, interpret historical evidence about those events, and synthesize evidence into written arguments. The curriculum emphasizes critical thinking, written analysis, and an understanding of diverse perspectives on the past as students learn that history is a search for the truth that creates engaged, empathetic, and informed citizens. With a history degree you will learn to interpret the past through the context of various cultures and perspectives and to apply that knowledge to current social and political issues.
Graduates have learned to:
- Objectively evaluate various historical sources
- Interpret the past with an understanding of diverse cultures and perspectives
- Utilize tools, methods, and ethical standards of discipline to integrate evidence
- Construct historical arguments
- Apply historical knowledge to current issues
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education